Monday, February 7, 2011

Tennessee


Their are certain days when I miss Tennessee. And I don't just mean miss, I mean long for it. For some reason today it just hit me; I miss Tennessee. I miss the light, how green it is in the summer. I miss those beautiful blue skies with those white fluffy clouds. I miss the smell of leaves in the fall and the crisp air in the winter. I miss the hills (not mountains) and driving on the winding roads with my windows down and Def Leppard blasting from my radio. I just miss it. 
Some people think it's weird that I don't miss Cali the way I do Tennessee, but I just don't. For some reason Tennessee is home for me. It was where I could step out and me own my own, and my own person. I made friends their, along with memories that will last me a life time. Tennessee is where I was able to become my own person without the eyes of others making me wonder if I was doing the right thing or not. It was my decision, and one that I have never regretted. 
When I was little I use to think it would be so cool to have a secret hideout. You know the kind where all the kids can meet up, and get away from and no one has a clue where they are? Well I guess I could say Tennessee was my secret hideout. Actually Tennessee is my secret hideout. Granted, yes; people know where I am but for me it's a place I can escape to. 
I'm sure it's weird reading about a state, but there are certain days here that I am just reminded of it. I don't know if it's because it's the summer season here and the sky and the green remind me, but it just does. I hope one day that I can be in Tennessee again, God willing. 
For me it's home.
Always.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment