Friday, April 15, 2011

In Answer to Violetta's Worship


I love my God.

I love that He's there for me.
I love that He's promised to never leave me.
I love that I can talk to Him when ever I need.
I love that He doesn't get tired of listening to me. 
I love that He loves my family and friends more than I ever could.
I love that He knows what He's doing in my life, and even though it drives me nuts not knowing, I love that He's looking down on me and chuckling, probably think, "Oh you just wait."
I love that even when I don't have the words to express how I feel that He knows exactly what I'm talking about. I love Him for dying for me. 
I love Him because He loves me...for me. 

Violetta did worship the other night for us in the dorm. She told us about her love story. At the time I'm pretty sure that she wasn't thinking about how we could apply it spiritually, but there were some things that really got me thinking. 

If I really loved him (as in the man I'm with) would I do anything for him? Would I follow him to the ends of the earth? If he asked me too would I pack up my bags and go that day if he told me to leave everything and everyone I loved? 

I once thought that I would do this. Actually I knew that I would if he asked me. But now I'm asking myself these questions about a different man. And it goes a little something like this. 

If He asked me to leave everything and follow Him would I?
Would I really do anything for Him?
If He asked me to go to the ends of the earth would I? 
Would I leave my family and friends to do as He asked of me?
Would I be uncomfortable so that someone else may find comfort in Him?

As scary as this may seem I wanna say...yes, I would. 
I love Him. 
I love Him with all my heart and soul. 
I love Him for who He has made me to be and the young women that He is changing me to be right now, even this night. 
I love Him. 

Now...what about you?

P.s. Thanks Violetta :)

1 comment: