Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Yay for great nights and things falling together

Well staff week is still in motion, which I'm sure some of us wish that it wasn't haha. There isn't really much going because we are in meetings most of the day. It's been nice to be able to talk with Susan and get more of a feel for the "dorm life." I've been sort of intimidated because I'm the only SM here who didn't go to a boarding academy. So I sort of feel like I'm a few steps behind, but things are getting better!
I've been working on ideas for the dorm and the Prayer room that we'll have in one of the extra rooms. And I'm sooo excited because I found everything that I wanted at the store yesturday! I found glitter, I found rocks, and Nutella! Haha ok so that last one's for me but still, it made me very excited.
After we got all of the things at Junction we went to this amazing Italian resturant. And yes, apparently there are a lot of them Italian, Ethiopian, Indian...I have a feeling I'm going to have problems gaining weight rather then loosing it haha. But yes we had a very fun night. It's nice to go out and get off the compound every now and then.
This morning started off really good too, because I thought it would be cool for the girls dorm to have shirts! I found a website for it and it seems that it can can be done within a reasonable price range. Here's crossing my fingers!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cassie, I am checking in each day to see what you have written. So far, pretty sparce.
    Sounds like you are really getting to know the place.
    We miss you here at home, but know that you are safe and happy. God bless, Love you, Granny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl!!! I'm so glad you are having fun. Ethiopian food is super good!!! I'm praying for you! I'm working on moving into the dorm as I type this. Its been a pretty busy day. Miss see your face. Love you!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete