Monday, May 9, 2011

It's Finally Hit Me

So it's finally hit me...in 44 days I will be leaving this beautiful place and landing on my own soil. Honestly, I'm amazed that all this has happened to me. I am amazed that God could send me...me!...to Kenya to do His work. Granted there have been times when I wonder if I really am doing His work, but as Debbie reminded me, I can't see it now but one day I will.
When it actually hit me was last night, when the girls were getting ready for JS (Junior Senior banquet). I remembered mine, and taking pictures in the back yard with Jake. Going bowling, and posing with paintings. Taking tons of pictures with my class. And it just made me realize that the year is practically over with! I now know for a fact that I will be tearing up all graduation weekend, especially on graduation day.
Ya know even though this year has been tough, we forget those and remember the good. I had forgotten some of the events I've had with girls, with being called demon when ever I walked by. I forget them because I remember the fun, silly times I have with them.
It is also hitting me that when I get back, things ARE going to be different. I know, I know, I've been hearing this all year but due to some recent news it's true. I'm looking forward to being with my brother and dad and spending more time with the. For me, I feel like it's time to move on from home. It's time to start my life...haha an who ever would have thought it would be in MI?! But ya know what? I have more of an open mind than I did when I first went, and I do have some amazing friends there, who I can not WAIT to see :) It's gonna be good this year, I can feel it.
But yea...44 days. Man, they are gonna go by so quick. I better get on to bye gifts for everyone haha

No comments:

Post a Comment