Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Not a Good Week

I don't know what the deal is, but this is just not my week. This past weekend was really good, very busy but good. We had international night on Sunday, which left me really missing home and yet still very proud of all the girls that participated. Sunday was also really hard though too because it was the day that my class was graduating from Southern. As in, the plan was for ME to be graduating on Sunday as well. And well...obviously I haven't graduated and obviously not from Southern. I just feel that life is passing my by. That life is rolling for everyone else whether it is graduating, starting a new job, getting married/ engaged. I feel like I'm stick not moving.
My attitude doesn't help any, I know. Everything is just starting to bug me now. Germeen reminded me that both teams are on this weekend, I was ready to punch the wall. Ants got into my box of Honey Nut Cheerios that Debbie sent me and I about burst into tears. As Sabrina told me today, " yea pretty much I want to stay in my room and see no one. It's just too emotionally draining." Amazingly she hit the nail on the head. I want to stay in my room all day. I don't want to see anyone. I don't want to talk to anyone.
What a good dean, hu? Why is it that everyone is moving on, but me? I know that God has this great plan for me, but right now I'm in a pit. I'm scared of that great plan getting ruined by myself of others. But worst of all I'm scared I may not reach it.
The only way for things to change is for me to change my attitude; therefor, positive things this week.
1) Amazingly fun and funny: Americans trying to line dance
2) Started 2nd month of Insanity and totally loving it, even though it's kicking my butt
3) Thankful to Katie and Debbie for letting me cry on there shoulders when needed.
4) Only 31 days till graduation: 48 days till I'm in the US
5) Lots of rain = very green Kenya
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart. And lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight."
*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment